One decade working on AnKi. Uploaded the first snapshot I found in my archive

It’s almost 10 years of AnKi so I decided to to upload a very old snapshot of the engine I have lying in my hard drive. This early snapshot is a few years before I used any revision control. Browse the code here https://github.com/godlikepanos/anki-3d-engine-2007

Some interesting facts:

  • It started as a simple skeletal animation project and grow to what it is now.
  • Was featuring a blender 2.4 exporter for meshes, skeletons and skeletal animations.
  • It was running on OpenGL 1.1 with immediate mode.
  • The code is a weird mixture of (Microsoft-centric) C++ and C.
  • It was compiling only in ancient versions of VisualC++. Had to struggle to get it compile with GCC.
  • Different code style from what AnKi has now.
  • The first name of AnKi was Malice. Kept that name for a few months.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *